Terms and Conditions
RULES & REGULATIONS
1) All rentals include sales tax regulated by the state, counties and towns of South Carolina. Any adjustments or changes will be included on your contract and are payable before check in.
2) This agreement must be signed by the guest and returned to our office within 10 days. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled, at the sole option of James W. Smith Real Estate Company, with forfeiture of any amounts previously paid. Please be sure that (1) guest name, (2) dates of occupancy and (3) the property name are on your check. This payment is roughly 50% of the base rent and associated required and optional fees. $35 service fee will be charged for any returned checks.
3) FINAL PAYMENT
Final payment is due 30 days prior to your arrival. You will not be sent a reminder, so please mark this date on your calendar. This balance will include taxes, and any other applicable fees. Security Deposits will be refunded within 30 days unless bills for deductions have not been received. Security deposit deductions are itemized and detailed in writing.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to re-rent the property. Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancelation notices can be faxed to (843) 237-8898, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to James W. Smith Real Estate Company, 13336 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, SC 29585. Please confirm that we have received this cancellation by calling our office at (843) 237- 4246. If you purchased travel insurance at the time of booking, you will need to contact Red Sky™ about your refund at (866) 889-7409. If you did not purchase travel insurance and we are unable to re-rent the property, you will forfeit the full advance rent payment and the reservation fee. If we re-rent the property for less money, the shortage in rent will be off-set by your advanced deposit. 10% of the full advance rent payment, travel insurance, the reservation fee and any associated credit card fees will also be forfeited.
5) Guest agrees to indemnify owner for any damages to the dwelling or grounds and to the furnishings caused by the guest’s negligence or abuse which occurs during occupancy. Premises are to be left in the same condition as when occupancy began. Please refer to the South Carolina Lodging Establishment Act of 1994for specific information.
6) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY
If limit is exceeded, you will be asked to leave and no money will be refunded. Children under 2 are generally excluded from the occupancy count.
7) We only rent to responsible adults and families. Our minimum check in age is 25.
8) NO HOUSE PARTIES
We do not allow house parties. If discovered, guests are asked to leave and no refunds will be issued.
9) NO SMOKING
We do not allow smoking in any property. If discovered, guests are asked to leave and no refunds will be issued.
10) NO PETS
Pets are only allowed in properties unless clearly marked “pet friendly” with the exception of registered service dogs and social interaction dogs for autistic children. The dogs have to be preapproved by the property’s owner in advance. If discovered, guests are asked to leave and no refunds will be issued.
11) When you arrive at your rental, it should be clean and ready for occupancy. If we do not hear from you within 1 hour after check-in, we presume you found it in satisfactory condition. After this time, we will not be able to have the housekeepers return.
We cannot be responsible for construction taking place near our rental properties. Noise and altered views due to construction is beyond our control. Refunds or substitutions cannot be made.
13) Fireworks, boats, campers, motor homes, motorcycles and recreational vehicles are not allowed in many areas. Please call our office with questions concerning these things.
14) Guest agrees not to move or rearrange furnishings. Locked storage closets are for owner’s storage and not to be tampered with by guests or guest’s invitee.
15) Agent does not guarantee extra amenities supplied by the owner. Agent does not guarantee appliances or mechanical repairs for heat or air conditioning, but will dispatch a repairman as soon as possible after notification. No refunds will be given for missing amenities, malfunctions or natural disasters. An agent or authorized repairman or employee may enter premises during hours of occupancy for any purpose connected with a repair, care or maintenance of the premises.
16) In the event the owner of dwelling elects to remove his property from the rental program of James W. Smith Real Estate Company, agent shall be held harmless by the guest. Agent will attempt to provide comparable accommodations and help in any other way.
17) Guest agrees to defend, indemnify and release the owner and the agent, its employees and its agents, free and harmless from any claim or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to or in connection with this rental, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest or any guest invitee.
18) Although every precaution has been taken to avoid errors, we reserve the right to make necessary changes or corrections to our brochure and Internet listings and/or rates.
19) In signing this contract, I understand that all moneys escrowed pursuant to any rental agreement concerning my property shall be placed in an interest bearing account. Any interest, which may lawfully accrue to my benefit, I hereby assign unto James W. Smith Real Estate Company.
20) The parties hereto stipulate and agree that jurisdiction for any dispute arising out of the use, occupancy, and rental of the property identified herein shall be decided under the laws of the State of South Carolina, and that the Circuit Court for Georgetown County, is the appropriate venue for any litigation.